google-site-verification: google82af41cbbb927c7d.html Grove Creek Family History: Happy 24th of July Everyone!

Mt. Timpanogos Temple, photo by Rick Satterfield, used with permission

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Happy 24th of July Everyone!



The 24th of July isn't a recognized holiday except in Utah. This is the day we honor our pioneer ancestors who crossed the plains so that we, as a people, could practice our religion in peace. Kind of like what the Pilgrims did when they left England so that they could worship how they wished. Anyway, I was reading the FamilySearch blog today and the latest post talks about preserving your records digitally. I was intrigued because I think a lot about this AND I wish that I had records from my ancestors that I could look at, read, and glimpse into their lives. I want my records to live beyond me! I may not have a glamorous life, but I do have a great life!

If you want some really great advice on how to preserve your records so that they may outlive you, you need to read this post! Hopefully, it will be a jumping off point to get you started!

Happy 24th of July!

No comments:

Copyright 2013 by Rayanne Brunski Melick,
All Rights Reserved.